The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools is seeking applications from experienced educators excited at the possibility of working with a cluster of schools to improve teaching and learning in Mathematics.
Leader of Learning: Cluster Coach – Authentic Learning in Numeracy Cluster 9
Southern Region Office
Commencing Term 1, 2019
Closing date: 12 October 2018
As a senior leader in our Catholic school system, the Leader of Learning is co-responsible with the cluster’s Regional Consultant, Principals and Leadership Teams to support the evangelising mission of the Church and to promote the distinctive identity of Catholic schools.
The role is focused on developing the capacity of school leaders and teachers to deliver quality learning and teaching in Mathematics and improve student achievement.
The successful applicant will demonstrate :
- Active engagement and contribution to the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- Accreditation in accordance with SCS ‘Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead’ policy
- Capacity to work in strategic collaboration with Principals, leadership teams, teachers, other Leaders of Learning and Regional Consultants to achieve goals.
- Credibility as a highly effective teacher with leadership experience at Coordinator level
- Evidence of performance as a Lead Teacher against the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, particularly in Mathematics
- Passion and skills to lead the Mathematics Expertise & Excellence Project in the cluster
- Demonstrated ability to lead data-informed strategic improvement processes which respond to school and cluster needs
- Ability to mentor and coach teachers and middle leaders
- Highly effective organisational skills with the ability to prioritise commitments, balance workload and use the Google platform effectively.
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the Sydney Catholic Schools SCS Application Form, and email together with a cover letter addressing the criteria firstname.lastname@example.org.
WOhttps://sydneycatholicschools.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/scso-application-form.docxRKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World