Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | Students 1170
Clancy Catholic College, WEST HOXTON
Commencing: January 2019
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
Founded in 2006, Clancy Catholic College is a Catholic Systemic school that places an emphasis on the gospel values of Faith, Hope, Pride, Respect and Compassion.
As a Catholic Learning community, the College mission is to raise an awareness of social responsibility amongst young people. Students are challenged to be active in faith, to turn beliefs into good deeds and to turn away from prejudices, and the capacity to ignore and condemn. In this way, all can truly love like Christ.
The College is an accredited Newman school through the continued development of expertise around gifted education.
The Assistant Principal will join a leadership team focused on providing quality Catholic education, maximising student outcomes by offering a rich, relevant and holistic curriculum that is student centred, flexible and challenging.
The successful applicant will be a highly effective contemporary Catholic leader who is:
- An active and visible religious leader committed to the evangelising mission of the Church;
- Able to demonstrate proven ability to lead staff in responding to the diverse needs of learners through the use of data to inform learning;
- Able to develop and support authentic learning with an emphasis on collaborative practices;
- Able to demonstrate exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills;
- Able to demonstrate the ability to oversee whole school framework around student wellbeing for student learning outcomes;
- Able to demonstrate proven capacity to build a cohesive community for students, staff, parents and parish with strong links to the wider community within a diverse multicultural context.
- Able to manage effective strategies for staff induction, accreditation, collaborative practice and school-based professional learning
- Able to develop the leadership capacity of others
- Able to that school processes meet system, NESA and legislative requirements
You will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-graduate study in Leadership or Curriculum
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E) according to ‘Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney’
Applicants are required to fill out the Assistant Principal Application Package along with related documents and return it via email to email@example.com.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World