Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | Students 1090
Patrician Brothers FAIRFIELD
Commencing: January 2019
Closing Date: 15 October 2018
Patrician Brothers’ College Fairfield is a lighthouse College in boy’s education. The College community takes great professional and personal responsibility in the formation of Patrician men who value their faith and personal integrity, have a commitment to lifelong learning and building community. These tenets are the building blocks of their spiritual, physical, social and educational journey in life.
The Assistant Principal supports the Principal in promoting and nurturing the Catholic identity and Mission of Patrician Brothers’ College Fairfield and in ensuring excellence in educational outcomes for all students.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you are an effective leader who:
- Contributes to the Catholic life and culture of the school community
- Builds a learning culture of shared responsibility for quality teaching and student learning growth, informed by data
- Has experience and expertise in the education of boys
- Manages effective strategies for staff induction, accreditation, collaborative practice and school-based professional learning
- Plans and acts strategically to drive school improvement initiatives
- Develops the leadership capacity of others
- Ensures that school processes meet system, NESA and legislative requirements
- Works in partnership with parents, caregivers and the parish to promote faith and learning
You will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-graduate study in Leadership or Curriculum
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E) according to ‘Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney’
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World