Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following Leadership position, from suitably qualified and committed catholic men and women. Applicants should have a strong desire and a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education to maximise learning outcomes for all students
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL – K-255
St Martha’s Catholic Primary School Strathfield
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 28 September 2018
St Martha’s Catholic Primary School, Strathfield founded by the Dominican Sisters in1925. The school is a dynamic learning community. St Martha’s offers a diverse curriculum aimed at encouraging students to explore their gifts and talents and to use them to better serve our God. Parents, teachers, and the parish community work in partnership to support the academic, social and spiritual development of our students.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World