- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Commencement Date: Beginning of Term 1, January 2019
- Closing date: 26 September 2018
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
The Leader of Learning: Faith Formation and Evangelisation will primarily work with SCS office and school staff in responding to the three core challenges articulated in Catholic Schools at a Crossroads, i.e. Catholic Schools.
- are truly Catholic in their identity and life
- are centres of the ‘new evangelisation’
- are led and staffed by people who contribute to these goals.
The Leader of Learning: Adult Faith Formation and Evangelisation will help nurture a culture of effective, distributive and sustainable Religious Leadership in schools and across the system of schools. The Leader of Learning: Adult Faith Formation and Evangelisation will work in partnership with a range of stakeholders, including: regional and central office personnel; school communities, especially leadership teams; parishes and various Catholic agencies and organisations.
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Accreditation at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Tertiary qualifications which include Master’s in Religious Education / Theology
- Formal teaching degree
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher, and experience in a senior leadership position, e.g. Religious Education Coordinator
- Evidence of performance at the Lead Teacher level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- Engagement in and contribution to the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- Evidence of working with staff in accordance with adult learning principles and contemporary education processes
- Evidence of working effectively to achieve sustained change and innovation within an area of responsibility.
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World