The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following position:
BUSINESS MANAGER (TEMPORARY POSITION)
St Mary’s Cathedral Catholic College, Sydney
13 December 2018 to 31 August 2019
Closing Date: 31 August 2018
St Mary’s Cathedral College is a boys’ College in the heart of the city adjacent to the Cathedral. The College is a comprehensive secondary school for Years 7 – 12, with a specialist primary school catering for musically gifted students in Years 3 – 6. The College has over 720 students in Years 7-12 with 45 students in the Primary school. Our mission is to develop Christian students inspired by the charism of Blessed Edmund Rice, in striving for excellence in a multitude of educational opportunities provided by the College. We espouse the evangelizing mission of the Church promoting Gospel Spirituality, Justice and Solidarity, an inclusive Community and Liberating Education. We are committed to creating a Christian environment, with the teachings of Jesus Christ at its core. The College is the oldest Catholic School in Australia having existed on this site since 1824. The College is underpinned by the touchstones of the Order of the Christian Brothers who led this institution for 105 years prior to 2016.
The position will commence 13 December 2018, and an attractive package will be offered to the successful applicant in line with the Business Manager’s Salary scale from Sydney Catholic Schools. The successful candidate will be a member of the College Leadership Team.
The successful applicant will have:
- The ability to be able to demonstrate support for the Catholic ethos.
- Degree Qualifications in Accounting and/ or Administration.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and manage maintenance, building and renovation projects to budget and of high quality.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and willingness to participate in personal and spiritual formation.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, day to day accounting procedures, financial management and strategic development in an educational setting including: accounts payable and receivable, banking procedures and reconciliation, preparation and presentation of monthly reports, asset management, risk management, budget preparation and management, and financial statements. Critical to the role is the ability to put in place debt recovery strategies that respect the dignity of families.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills in order to relate to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated high order leadership skills, with the ability to build an effective team to achieve the College’s goals.
- Demonstrated high order organisational, planning, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with key suppliers and contractors.
- Ability and experience to oversee Work Health & Safety (WHS) legislative requirements.
- Have a proven ability to work in a collaborative environment as a member of a College Leadership Team and to manage a cohesive support team.
- Possess a high work ethic and committed to excellence.
Applicants MUST include the following information as part of their application:
- A letter introducing yourself and an outline of the reasons for your interest in the position (1x A4 page maximum).
- Curriculum Vitae outlining qualifications and experience.
- A statement addressing each of the Essential Criteria for the position as outlined above (1 x A4 page).
- The names and contact details of 3 referees
For more information regarding this position please contact the Personal Assistant to the Principal Mrs Karen Hart by email: firstname.lastname@example.org