Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K-6 |810 Students
Holy Family Catholic Primary School, MENAI
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 27 August 2018
Holy Family Catholic Primary School is a four stream co-educational primary school established in the Presentation tradition, situated within the Holy Family parish community in Southern Sydney.
The Assistant Principal supports the Principal in promoting and nurturing the Catholic identity and Mission of the school and in ensuring excellence in educational outcomes for all students.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you are an effective leader who:
- Contributes to the Catholic life and culture of the school community
- Builds a learning culture of shared responsibility for quality teaching and student learning growth, informed by data
- Manages effective strategies for staff induction, accreditation, collaborative practice and school-based professional learning
- Plans and acts strategically to drive school improvement initiatives
- Develops the leadership capacity of others
- Ensures that school processes meet system, NESA and legislative requirements
- Works in partnership with parents, caregivers and the parish to promote faith and learning
You will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-graduate study in Leadership or Curriculum
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E) according to ‘Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney’
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World