Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
RELIGIOUS EDUCATION COORDINATOR | K-6 | 205 Students
St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School BOTANY
Commencement Date: January 2019
Closing Date: 22 August 2018
St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School is a Catholic Systemic school located in the Eastern Region of the Archdiocese of Sydney. The school is a close knit, family-oriented school community with a strong Catholic identity, founded on the charism of the Sisters of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart.
The school’s vision is United in Faith, Inspired to Achieve, Empowered for Life. It strives to achieve this through engaging the whole community in an enriching and vibrant liturgical life, delivering quality Religious Education and fostering student leadership and outreach for all students. It has an experienced, dedicated and faith-filled staff, which includes specialist teachers for students with special needs, language backgrounds other than English, Music, Sport and a Family Educator. It is well-resourced, with a broad range of technology. The school strongly welcomes active parental involvement in student learning, decision making and the Parent and Friends Association. A positive relationship exists between the school and parish community. Our Parish Priest actively engages with staff, students and parents. The school takes significant responsibility for the sacramental programs and involvement in Sunday Eucharist through termly family masses.
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Creating a faith community that brings the Gospel and teachings of the Catholic Church to all the students, families and staff
- Creating a contemporary, student-centred learning culture
- Initiating and leading change and improvement to enhance learning for all students, especially in Religious Education
- Strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context
- Developing collaborative partnerships to support student and staff faith journey, learning and well-being, especially in the context of evangelization.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation OR ability to demonstrate the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- Tertiary qualifications (Essential): For a substantive appointment (Level 1 REC) Graduate Diploma or Masters in Religious Education/Theology (or equivalent as approved by the Director of Religious Education and Evangelisation. A non-substantive appointment (Level 2 REC) a Bachelor Degree with a specialist sequence in Religious Education / Theology and / or a Graduate Certificate in Religious Education / Theology and a willingness to complete the study to attain Level 1 REC status.
- Post graduate units of study in Leadership (advantageous)
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World