The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following position:
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Commencement Date: January 2019
- Closing date: 28 August 2018
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
The Archdiocesan Youth Ministry Coordinator works to support the evangelising mission of the Church and to promote the distinctive identity of Catholic schools. This is a position in the Religious Education and Evangelisation team working directly with and reporting to the Director of Religious Education and Evangelisation.
The role plays a key part in the continuous improvement of our Catholic school system by helping to align archdiocesan, regional and local approaches to youth ministry and by helping to nurture vibrant faith communities. The Archdiocesan Youth Ministry Coordinator will work with school leadership teams and Parish Priests in supporting the development and implementation of a range of projects.
The Archdiocesan Youth Ministry Coordinator will help nurture a culture of effective, distributive and sustainable religious leadership by building the leadership capacities of the school based Youth Ministry Coordinators through the use of coaching and mentoring. The role requires a flexible, adaptable leader who has the capacity to think strategically. This strategic capacity will need to be supported by highly developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills which are essential for providing leadership to the wide ranging aspects of the role.
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Masters qualifications in Religious Education/Theology.
- Engagement in and contribution to the life and mission of the Catholic Church with evidence of regular practice in a worshipping faith community
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with young people in faith-based activities
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher, and experience in a leadership position
- Demonstrated capacity to be self-motivated and work both independently as well as collaboratively in teams
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS application form, resume and a covering letter outlining their motivation and experience to qualify for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World