Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Primary School Sefton- K-6-381 Students
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 22 August 2018
Immaculate Heart of Mary is a dynamic contemporary primary school that serves the Parish and Community of Sefton. The school has a reputation as a place of quality learning where diverse opportunities are provided for cross and extra curricula experiences for all students. The school is located adjacent to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church and close Sefton Shopping precinct.
The Assistant Principal supports the Principal in promoting and nurturing the Catholic identity and Mission of the school and in ensuring excellence in educational outcomes for all students.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you are an effective leader who:
- Be an exemplary Catholic leader who fulfils the essential criteria for Assistant Principal.
- Be a leader who is innovative and creative, is prepared to embrace new ideas and challenges, and can articulate a vision for Catholic education that aligns with the local culture and school ethos. Their vision should reflect the school’s engagement in Religious Education and provision for the diverse needs of students.
- Demonstrate high levels of relational skills in partnership with Parish and the wider community.
- Be an inspirational and contemporary educator.
- Be an experienced teacher who focuses on the wellbeing and success of students.
- Have a focus on leadership of learning within a professional community.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World