Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 209 Students
St Therese’s Primary School, PADSTOW
Commencement Date: January 2019
Closing Date: 26 July 2018
St Therese’s Catholic Primary School, Padstow is a K-6 school of approximately 209 students that was established in 1962. The school’s motto “Veritas” demonstrates the school’s commitment to providing an authentic Catholic education for all students.
The Principal is responsible for modelling the Catholic faith in action and for leading the school community to live out its vision and mission focussed on quality faith, educational and wellbeing experiences for all students. The Principal is responsible for the effective management and strategic direction of the school.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Critical reflection for feedback on teaching and learning practices and addressing how to overcome challenges
- Leading school wide pedagogy which including curriculum, assessment, reporting and wellbeing
- Coaching and mentoring staff to increase and improve performance in standards driven environment
- Leading change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated effectiveness in at least two or more significant leadership positions within education
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
- Your practice at the Lead Teacher level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
As an Education leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your long range vision is to build sustainability and foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas within your School.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World