The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the following position:
Sydney Catholic Schools Eastern Region Office, Daceyville
Commencement date: to be negotiated
Closing date: Friday 27 July 2018
The Leader of Learning: Aboriginal Education K-12 is a member of the Sydney Catholic Schools, Eastern Region Team, which serves 51 primary and secondary schools within the region.
In the context of New Horizons, the system’s Strategic Plan, the Leader of Learning: Aboriginal Education K-12 works to build the capacity of teachers and school leaders to support students from an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) background. The successful applicant will work in schools and draws on his/her experience and specialised knowledge of to mentor and coach teachers and school leaders to bring about improved learning outcomes for ATSI students.
This role requires a flexible, adaptable team player with the capacity to think strategically in order to best enable the provision of service to schools K-12. This strategic capacity will be supported by highly developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills which are essential for providing leadership to the wide ranging aspects of the role.
- Engagement with and contribution to the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- A formal tertiary teaching qualification
- A deep knowledge of and capacity to address specific learning needs for ATSI students, especially with regards to literacy and numeracy
- Evidence of building capacity of teachers for authentic teaching and learning in Literacy
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams to achieve educational improvement
- Demonstrated capacity to select and support appropriate school improvement processes based on data analysis
- A capacity to work with local communities, educational leaders, system leaders and external agencies to bring about the best learning outcomes for ATSI students
- Valid NSW Driver’s Licence and comprehensively insured motor vehicle
Desirable criteria include:
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher (with leadership experience at Coordinator level or beyond)
- Knowledge of schools and school systems
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult learning and capacity building
Applicants must formalise their application by completing the attached SCS Application Form accompanied by a current resume and a cover letter addressing the above selection criteria. Please send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World