Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K-6 541 Students
St Christopher’s Catholic Primary School, HOLSWORTHY
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 25 July 2018
St Christopher’s Holsworthy opened in 2002, is a 3 stream school with a growing number of EAL/D students. The school has an excellent reputation for a high standard of academic excellence and pastoral care. A defence aide supports the transition of students into the school from Australian Defence Force families.
The Assistant Principal supports the Principal in promoting and nurturing the Catholic identity and Mission of the school and in ensuring excellence in educational outcomes for all students.
To be considered for this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you are an effective leader who:
- Contributes to the Catholic life and culture of the school community
- Builds a learning culture of shared responsibility for quality teaching and student learning growth, informed by data
- Leads effective processes for staff induction, accreditation, collaborative practice and professional learning
- Plans and acts strategically to drive school improvement initiatives
- Ensures that school processes meet system, NESA and legislative requirements
- Works in partnership with parents, caregivers and the parish to promote faith and learning
You will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-graduate study in Leadership or Curriculum
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E) according to ‘Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney’
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World