Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
COLLEGE PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | Students 1307
Good Samaritan Catholic College, HINCHINBROOK
Commencing: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: Tuesday 28 June 2018
Good Samaritan Catholic College is a Year 7-12 comprehensive co-educational Catholic College located in South Western Sydney. The College provides a secondary education for Catholic families from the parishes of Hoxton Park, Sadlier-Miller, Bonnyrigg, Mount Pritchard, Lurnea and Austral.
The College includes the St Joseph Trade Skills Centre which provides Vocational Education for students from Good Samaritan, Clancy, Freeman and All Saints Catholic Colleges.
The College motto, ‘Journeying with Compassion’ is the basis of the College’s Mission Statement and provides its foundational ethos.
The Principal is responsible for leading the Catholic faith in action and the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students.
The successful applicant will be a highly effective contemporary Catholic leader who is:
- An active and visible religious leader committed to the evangelising mission of the Church with a proven ability in the contemporary evangelisation of young people.
- Committed to working closely with the parish priest and the parish community.
- An experienced principal, skilled in instructional leadership .
- Able to demonstrate proven skills as a highly effective communicator.
- Able to demonstrate proven ability to enable and lead a contemporary professional learning community committed to whole school improvement and transformation.
- Skilled and experienced in leading staff in responding to the diverse needs of learners through the use of data to inform learning.
- Able to demonstrate proven capacity to build a cohesive community for students, staff, parents and parish with strong links to the wider community.
- Skilled in change management and in interpersonal relations. Able to develop staff and build capacity.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
As an Education leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your long range vision is to build sustainability and foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas within your School.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World