Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 215 students
St Gabriel’s Catholic Primary School, Bexley
Commencement Date: January 2019
Closing Date: 8 June 2018
St Gabriel’s Catholic Primary school engages deeply with the dual moral purpose of Catholic education through a strident desire to proclaim the word of God. Proclamation is lived daily through word and deed, in the classroom and the playground. The charisms of the Sisters of Charity and Sisters of St Joseph provide a rich lense through which this proclamation occurs. In the classroom this is reflected through a varied and challenging curriculum which explicitly addresses the diverse needs of students. We strive to proclaim the Good News in a contemporary context modelled on the words and deeds of Australia’s first Saint, Mary of the Cross MacKillop.
The Principal is responsible for giving witness to the Catholic faith and for leading the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students. Fostering a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the mission of Sydney Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Making explicit the mission of the Catholic school and being able to lead for mission through witness and example
- Leading school wide pedagogy which includes curriculum, assessment, reporting and wellbeing
- Leading critical reflection to challenge assumptions about teaching and learning and be able to provide feedback to staff
- Coaching and mentoring to lead improved teacher performance in a standards driven environment
- Leading change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Demonstrate effectiveness in at least two or more significant leadership positions within education
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
- Your practice at the Lead Teacher level – aligned to the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
As an Educational leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within your School.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World