The Director of Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services invites applications for the following
positions:Commencement date: 28 May 2018
Hours: Flexible from 7am-9am and 2pm-6pm Monday to Friday
Applications close: 27 May 2018
Sydney Catholic Early Childhood Services (SCECS) is a not-for-profit service catering for children and families from our Catholic parishes. Services provide high quality early childhood and school aged care. SCECS provides education and care within the mission and ministry of the Catholic Church and with the intention of being an integral part of the local Catholic community.
SCECS has a number of services opening in January 2018 and as a result we are seeking a number of OSHC Coordinators to join our team for the below school locations:
- St Anthony of Padua Catholic School, Austral
- St Anne’s Catholic Primary School, Strathfield South
- St Therese’s Catholic Primary School, Lakemba
- Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School, Kingsgrove
As the responsible person for the service, you will role model policies and core values to staff, children, parents and the school community.
Some of the role responsibilities include:
- Fulfil the responsibilities as the nominated supervisor for the service
- Under the guidance and support of the SCECS management team, provide a safe OSHC service for staff and children in an all-inclusive professional team environment
- Maintain children attendance and casual bookings schedules to ensure child safety and supervision
- Supervise other Educators, ensuring they understand and perform in-service responsibilities
- Design and implement engaging educational programs with observations and reflection journals
- Create opportunities to share children’s participation and engagement in programs with families
- Maintain strong relationships with families and the school community
- Ensure high quality, stimulating, safe and clean environments are maintained at all times.
- Oversee all procedural, educational programming, regulatory, policy, staffing and operational issues
To be considered for this role, you will:
- Hold qualifications in Child Education and Care – completed or be on your way to completing a Cert III, Diploma in Children’s Services or Bachelor of Education or equivalent
- Hold a current First Aid, CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management (HTAID004) certificate, or be willing to obtain
- Hold a NSW Working with Children Clearance, or be willing to obtain one
- Have previous experience working with children
- Have excellent communication skills
- Consent to undertaking responsible person role for the service
- Hold certificate of training in child protection, e.g. ‘Identify and Respond to children and young people’ certificate or ‘Supporting the rights and safety of children and young people’ certificate, or be willing to obtain
- Be flexible and consistently available across morning and afternoon shifts, Monday to Friday
- Be over the age of 18 years
- Hold a current driver’s licence or access to reliable transport
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a background check prior to commencement and Child Protection training as part of the induction process.
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the criteria to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World