Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents in their responsibility of Faith formation for their children.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K-6 410
Villa Maria Catholic Primary School Hunters Hill
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 30 May 2018
To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following Leadership position, from suitably qualified and committed catholic men and women. Applicants should have a strong desire and a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education to maximise learning outcomes for all students:
Villa Maria Catholic Primary School draws most of its students from the community of Holy Name of Mary Parish and the immediate local area. There has been a school on this site since the 1880s, at various times, has been conducted by the Sisters of St Joseph, the Marist Brothers and the Marist Sisters. This school has very close links to the parish which is administered by the Marist Fathers.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
The successful candidate will be a highly effective Catholic leader who is:
- A committed Catholic who understands the evangelising mission of the Catholic Church
- Capable of being a self-motivated learner who seeks feedback and reflects on their effectiveness in contributing to the school’s learning culture.
- Focussed on effective teaching and learning and has highly developed capabilities in the area of contemporary pedagogy.
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World