Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 396 Students
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, MOOREBANK
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: Monday 28 May 2018
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School was opened in 1975. The school motto, “Charity and Love” is underpinned by the model of service of Australia’s first saint, Mary of the Cross, MacKillop, where the values of hope, love and faith are strongly lived out. The school is a growing 2 stream school catering for the diverse learning needs of students.
The Principal is responsible for modelling the Catholic faith in action and for leading the school community to live out its vision and mission focussed on quality faith, educational and wellbeing experiences for all students. The Principal is responsible for the effective management and strategic direction of the school.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Leading the Catholic identity and mission of the school, in partnership with the Parish
- Leading school wide pedagogy which is research based and data informed
- Leading reflective practice, including collaborative improvement cycles, within a standards informed environment
- Mentoring, coaching and providing feedback for continual improvement in teaching practice ensuring student learning growth and achievement
- Leading strategic change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Working in partnership with parents, carers and the parish community
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
- Demonstrated effectiveness in at least two leadership positions within education
Your practice at the Lead Teacher level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification in Leadership or Education
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World