Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | 883
Brigidine College Randwick
Commencement Date: 29 January 2019
Closing Date: 4 May 2018
Brigidine College Randwick is a Catholic secondary school for girls, located in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs. The College is highly regarded for its outstanding student academic performance in terms of overall results and individual student learning gains. The College is currently working towards accreditation to deliver the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program. The spirituality and charism of the founding Brigidine Sisters continues to infuse the daily life of staff and students with a particular sense of their founder Bishop Daniel Delany and the Celtic origins of the order. The College is known to develop young women who are well rounded, articulate, musically talented and have a strong sense of social justice. The College enjoys excellent relationships with its local parish and broader community.
The Principal is responsible for leading the Catholic faith in action and the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Making explicit the mission of the Catholic school and being able to lead for mission through witness and example
- Leading school wide pedagogy which includes curriculum, assessment, reporting and wellbeing
- Leading critical reflection to challenge assumptions about teaching and learning and be able to provide feedback to staff
- Coaching and mentoring to lead improved teacher performance in a standards driven environment
- Leading change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- At least two or more significant leadership positions within Catholic education
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
- Ability to lead across school, cluster and system in a “coherence framework” with reference to relevant contemporary research.
- Your practice at the Lead Teacher level of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
As an Educational leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within the College.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World