- Newly created role
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Commencing: January 2019 or earlier by negotiation
- Closing date: 3 May 2018
The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites applications for the following position.
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
The K -12 STEM Education Officer will work closely with the Teaching and Learning Team as well as the Heads of Primary and Secondary Curriculum, K – 12. The role contributes to the broader aims of the Teaching and Learning Directorate to provide opportunities for Authentic Learning and Authentic Assessment in Sydney Catholic Schools.
The successful applicant will be a key driver for the implementation of the Sydney Catholic Schools STEM Statement, through engagement with STEM skills and pedagogies.
The K -12 STEM Education Officer drives and supports the system initiated STEM skills and pedagogies as well as providing leadership and direction for STEM skills in Sydney Catholic Schools. Utilising and interpreting data on learning growth to map and inform system decisions making will also be paramount to this role. The successful applicant will therefore require a good knowledge of contemporary pedagogy and data analysis that informs practice. The ability to work within digital environments and a willingness and capacity to develop skills in delivering blended learning frameworks within the role would also be advantageous.
The successful applicant will also be a highly effective contemporary educational leader who is:
- Committed to the mission and vision of Sydney Catholic Schools and enacts this vision and mission formally and informally in day-to-day functions and tasks
- An outstanding teacher of Science, Mathematics and/orTechnology with an understanding of STEM pedagogies
- Skilled in instructional leadership in STEM pedagogies with the capacity to promote and embed the Sydney Catholic School STEM Statement.
- Able to demonstrate proven skills as a highly effective communicator with the capacity and enthusiasm to work collaboratively across the Teaching and Learning Directorate.
- Able to demonstrate proven ability to enable and lead a contemporary professional learning community committed to whole system improvement and transformation in STEM pedagogy.
- Skilled and experienced in building teaching capacity and in responding to the diverse needs of teachers.
- Capacity to lead and manage collaborative projects
- Skilled in change management and in interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Mission of Catholic Education
- Experience in a leadership role in schools and/or systems
- Proven capacity and effectiveness in developing and implementing curriculum at a school or system level
- A knowledge of the role of contemporary STEM pedagogies and the relationship of STEM to K – 12 syllabuses
- Knowledge of contemporary instructional design frameworks Successful experience in the facilitation of adult professional learning demonstrated capacity to work both individually and collaboratively as part of a team
- Knowledge of contemporary educational issues, theory and practice demonstrated ability to work within an online environment and/or a willingness and capacity to develop skills in delivering blended learning frameworks
- Minimum 8 years teaching and a minimum of 4 years in a Coordinator’s role or other equivalent school or system role
The salary and conditions will be in accordance with the Education and Professional Officer Salary scale. The initial contract is for a 4 year appointment period. A comprehensively insured motor vehicle is essential for this position and travel costs are reimbursed according to Sydney Catholic Schools policy.
The following qualifications are essential for this position:
- Post Graduate Qualification in either science, mathematics, or technology education or educational leadership or equivalent for primary trained teachers
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- A current and valid NSW Drivers License
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World