Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College, Burwood
A TRADE TRAINING CENTRE UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF OUR LADY OF THE SOUTHERN CROSS
Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College, located at Burwood, is a specialist Vocational College supported by the Australian Government’s Trade Training Centres in Schools initiative. It provides a unique and exciting opportunity to work as part of a team committed to a new concept of Catholic schooling in Sydney in purpose-built facilities. This co-educational College is for Year 11 and 12 fulltime and external students who, as part of their HSC study program, undertake significant structured workplace learning that for some students includes School-Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
Applications close: 23-03-2018
Position commences: 30-04-2018
The College is seeking a dynamic, committed person for the full-time permanent position of Student Services Officer (76 hours per fortnight) Level 4.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Catholic ethos
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Proven ability to recognise confidential issues as they arise and to treat them with the sensitivity required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- A helpful and cooperative approach to working within a team
- Current First Aid Certificate, or willingness to obtain
- Current Working With Children Check
- Qualification in Business Administration or relevant experience in an office environment
- Previous experience with SAS/Compass operating system within a school setting
- Familiarity with Work, Health and Safety
Applicants must submit a single page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and a current resume including details of two professional referees.
Salary and conditions in accordance with NSW and ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2015.
Applications in writing to be directed to:
Mr Patrick O’Reilly
Southern Cross Catholic Vocational College
17 Comer Street
BURWOOD NSW 2134
PH: 8372 4400