The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following leadership positions:
Leader of Learning: Students with Disability – Post School Pathways (Maternity Cover) Sydney Catholic Schools, Eastern Region Office
Commencement Date: 18 June 2018
Closing Date: 26 March 2018
The successful applicant will be appointed to the Eastern Region Diverse Learning Team at the SCS Daceyville Office and will support school communities within the designated Region.
The position has a strong curriculum focus aimed at assisting and supporting students and their families determine a pathway to work life, post school. The role will support students with a range of disability, inclusive of intellectual, sensory, physical, mental health and autism spectrum disorder, progress to post school training and employment opportunities.
Role responsibilities will involve close collaboration and consultation with students and their families, Secondary school Diverse Learning Teams, multiple cross-sectoral training providers and disability employment services.
Comprehensive assessment of students’ capabilities and competencies, systematic documented planning, tracking of learning gains and reporting students’ growth are pivotal aspects of the new Leaders of Learning positions.
- Post-graduate qualifications in Special Education or an Education related discipline
- Engagement and contribution to the life and mission on the Catholic Church
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher and experience at coordinator level or higher, with at least 5-7 years teaching experience in supporting students with disability in a Secondary school setting
- Comprehensive knowledge of NESA (NSW Educational Standards Authority) Stage 5 & 6 syllabus requirements, VET pathways, Life Skills courses of study and credentialing procedures for students with disability
- Understanding of the needs of students with disability and the capacity to successfully facilitate their progress from school to post school training and employment options
- Demonstrated capacity to select and support appropriate improvement processes based on data analysis
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and the capacity to work with students and their families during periods of significant change
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to successfully interact with a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to design, develop, implement and review community based work experience programs for students with disability
- Experience in leading effective supervisory processes for Learning Support Officers
- Capacity to facilitate professional learning at school, Regional and Archdiocesan levels, involving school Diverse Learning Teams and school Leadership Teams
- Ability to actively contribute to the work of Central and Regional Diverse Learning Teams and broader Regional Secondary Teams.
Applicants are required to formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS application form, resume and a covering letter addressing the essential selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job description: Click
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World