Location: Sydney Catholic Schools Central Regional Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate
Closing Date: 27 February 2018
Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools, which educate around 70,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
An exciting opportunity for creative and innovative Instructional Designer for Online Learning to join Sydney Catholic Schools’ Teaching and Learning Directorate. Reporting to Head of Innovation and Development, you will work with subject matter experts to develop and upload a range of blended and online courses for students and staff.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Designing innovative and creative online learning solutions
- Understanding the principles of adult learning
- Experience in supporting successful implementation of complex business change and capability projects within the education environment
- Designing and developing interactive and engaging learning content
- Experience in using Canvas tools
- Experience in the facilitation of diverse groups during stakeholder engagement activities, implementation activities and instructional design and development activities.
- Developing multimedia for e-Learning (video, imagery, animation etc.)
You will also possess the following:
- Qualifications in instructional design, particularly for online delivery or a related area
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Arts, Education, Communication and/or Creative Writing
- Instructional design experience for both online, offline and blended learning
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Cloud applications, particularly Adobe Photoshop
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to drive positive outcomes with key stakeholders
- Willingness to train other staff on the best ways to deliver online content
To apply, please fill in the SCS Application Form along with a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
All shortlisted candidates will have an opportunity to showcase their instructional design portfolio at their interview.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World