The Executive Director of Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the following position:
Location: Southern Regional Office, Revesby Heights
Commencement Date: Immediate
Closing Date: 1st March 2018
The Speech Pathologist is a member of the SCS Southern Region Multidisciplinary Diverse Learning Team which serves 51 primary and secondary schools across southern and southwestern Sydney.
The Speech Pathologist works with the Team Leader and other members of the Diverse Learning Team to take forward the Mission of the Church by building the capacity of teachers and school leaders to support the learning and wellbeing of students with speech, language and communication needs.
The Speech Pathologist works in schools and draws on his/her experience and specialised knowledge of speech pathology to mentor and coach teachers and school leaders.
The role requires a flexible, adaptable team player with the capacity to think strategically in order to best enable the provision of service to schools K-12. This strategic capacity will be supported by highly developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills which are essential for providing leadership to the wide ranging aspects of the role.
- Engagement with, and contribution to, the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, Speech Pathology, or related disciplines
- Eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional association
- Successful experience as a practitioner/leader in the field of Speech Pathology
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams to achieve educational improvement
- Valid NSW Driver’s Licence and comprehensively insured motor vehicle
- Knowledge of schools and school systems
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of adult learning and capacity building
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK
This role is classified as child related work and therefore we require a working with children check to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World