- Office located in Leichhardt
- Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super
- Immediate start, desirable
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
During a dynamic period of strategic growth within the finance team, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is responsible for administering and managing the overall financial transactions and financial reporting for Sydney Catholic Schools whilst ensuring compliance with Government and SCS Board requirements including the provision of accurate financial accounts on a timely basis.
As a senior leader in the organisation with 3-5 direct reports, the focus of this role is the financial and management accounting of SCS which includes monthly and annual accounts preparation, auditing, investment of funds, the banking system and commercial/contract law. The preferred applicant will have experience in working within a not-for-profit, educational or like organisation.
Some of the role responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and sign-off of the annual accounts;
- Cash flow and funds management;
- Maintenance of financial ledgers and accounting processes;
- Timely production of statutory and internal finance reports;
- Ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented and maintained;
- Payroll approval and transfer;
- Banking and Catholic Development Fund (CDF) transactions
- Degree or equivalent in Accounting/Business – CPA/CA qualified
- Extensive financial and management accounting experience in large organisations
- Previous leadership experience managing teams
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in mid-level to senior finance/accounting role
- Knowledge of current accounting standards and practices
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands-on approach
- Experience with TechnologyOne system is highly desirable
- Previous experience in the Education industry
- Knowledge of the Catholic School system and faith
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the criteria to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
Applications close: 2 February 2018