Administrative Assistant: Governance and Policy
- Immediate Start
- Office located in Leichhardt
- Supportive Culture
- Closing Date: 30 January 2018
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
The Administrative Assistant, Governance and Policy, while supporting the Head of Governance and Policy, is responsible for documentation which underpins best-practice standards of Not-For-Profit governance across the Sydney Catholic Schools Office and our schools.
Some of key responsibilities include:
- Promoting the Sydney Catholic Schools Office vision and mission formally and informally in day-to-day tasks and responsibilities.
- Working with the Head of Governance to ensure that SCS meets its governance responsibilities in management of the SCS Board and its 2 subcommittees
- Sourcing high quality Board meeting and Leadership Team meeting agendas, papers, reports and briefings
- Preparing slides or documents to support an appropriate Governance Induction Program for newly appointed Directors, SCS Board and Sub-committee members
- Liaising with EA’s and PO’s from all Directorates to ensure timely provision of papers and policies in alignment with the published Year Planners for the key Governance and Management meetings
- Supporting Head of Governance to capture research which reflects current legislation for system policies
- Taking minutes and action lines at SCS Trust Board meetings AND Audit & Risk meetings as well as preparing the papers for email out
- Attendance of after-hours meetings until 7.30pm (approx. 20 meetings per year) including Saturdays, at times.
- TAFE Diploma, Certificate III or IV qualifications
- Solid experience and an interest in best practice in a Corporate, Government or Not-for-Profit Governance administration role
- Advanced technical skills across Google and Microsoft Office
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confidence to work in a high-capacity Governance team as well as bring creative, strategic and engaging approaches to all outcomes
- An interest in understanding the implications of the NSW Education Act 1990 and its Amendments in 2004 and 2014; Australian Education Act 2013; Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 for SCS
- High-end interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to act diplomatically and confidentially in collaboration
- The ability to prioritize, demonstrate attention to detail and quickly gain credibility among colleagues
- An excellent knowledge of and support for a contemporary Catholic Education environment
- Capacity to use the SCS’s electronic platforms, Google, policy portal and Agenda Portal
- Awareness of developments in Governance related areas
- Familiarity with NESA governance expectations under the NSW Education Act 1990
- Willingness to undertake appropriate further study or short courses to support the Head of Governance obligations
- Practical experience in the application of adult learning principles (e.g. Cert IV) through interactive seminar presentations
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World
NOTE – Shortlisted candidates will be contacted after the closing date