Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility of faith formation for their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and committed Catholic educators for the following leadership position:
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 431 students
Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School, Hoxton Park
Commencement date: 29 January 2018
Closing date: 27 November 2017
Good Shepherd is a Catholic systemic school located in south western Sydney, serving the community of Hoxton Park, Hinchinbrook and Middleton Grange. We are a two stream co-educational primary school with a current enrolment of 430 students. Our school community includes families from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds. In the spirit of our school motto, ‘Nurturing Disciples’, we aim for students to know and love God in a caring and supportive environment.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creates a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
For further information on Good Shepherd Primary School, Hoxton Park visit their website: www.gshoxtonpark.catholic.edu.au
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World