Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
COLLEGE PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | 872 students
Mount St Joseph, MILPERRA
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Mount St Joseph Milperra is a Year 7-12 girls school founded by the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart and is part of the Sydney Archdiocesan system of schools. Mount St Joseph’s embraces the mission of Jesus in the context of Catholic Education, and in the spirit of Mary MacKillop, co-founder of the Sisters of St Joseph. Built upon the values of justice, compassion and love of learning, the school community nurtures the growth of young women from all backgrounds, challenging them to be self-reliant and to exercise an active role in Church and society. This school community values the dignity of each person and thus promotes respect for self, others, earth and God.
The Principal is responsible in modelling the catholic faith in action and to lead across the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students, fostering a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the mission of Sydney Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
The successful applicant will be a highly effective contemporary Catholic leader who is:
- An active and visible religious leader committed to the evangelising mission of the Church with a proven ability in the contemporary evangelisation of young people.
- Committed to working closely with the parish priest and the parish community.
- An experienced principal, skilled in instructional leadership.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of, and experience in, the educational needs of girls.
- Able to demonstrate proven skills as a highly effective communicator.
- Able to demonstrate proven ability to enable and lead a contemporary professional learning community committed to whole school improvement and transformation.
- Skilled and experienced in leading staff in responding to the diverse needs of learners through the use of data to inform learning and teaching.
- Able to demonstrate proven capacity to build a cohesive community for students, staff, parents and parish with strong links to the wider community.
- Skilled in change management and in interpersonal relations. Able to develop staff and build capacity.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
As an Education leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your long range vision is to build sustainability and foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas within your School.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World