The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites applications for the following position:
EDUCATION OFFICER: NEWMAN SELECTIVE GIFTED EDUCATION PROGRAM EXPANSION
Newly created role
Central Office – Leichhardt location
Commencement date: 24 January 2018 (3 year contract)
Closing date: 24 November 2017
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney.
We are currently seeking an Education Officer who will offer shared leadership to the development of the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program Expansion initiative. This newly created position is responsible for working in partnership with Central/Regional Diverse Learning Teams, Secondary and Primary Principals and teachers to shape and implement the expansion of the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program.
The expansion initiative is built on the foundations of quality Gifted Education provision established by the Archdiocesan Newman Gifted Education Program 2012-2017. It is currently operating within a phased, pilot framework and will be comprehensively evaluated in 2018.
The Education Officer role is one of leadership within Sydney Catholic Schools. The Education Officer plays a key part in the continuous improvement of our Catholic school system through developing capacity of teachers to enhance the learning of students in schools, and through contributing to the development and implementation of whole of system priorities.
Some of the role responsibilities will include:
- Offering collaborative leadership to the strategic expansion of the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program within Sydney Catholic Secondary schools
- Planning and implementing high caliber professional learning opportunities for new and existing Newman Secondary schools and contributing to professional learning opportunities for Newman Primary schools as required
- Participating in Newman Accreditation processes as appropriate
- Professional qualifications as a teacher accredited by NSW Education Standards Authority
- Postgraduate qualifications in Gifted Education
- At least 5 years of highly effective experience as a teacher and curriculum leader within a Secondary school setting
- Experience as a Newman Selective Gifted Education Program facilitator, or a teacher who has played an active role in contributing to the implementation of the Newman Selective Gifted Program in a Secondary school
- Successful experience in facilitating professional learning for teachers
- Effective leadership of innovation and change processes in schools
- Capacity to utilise qualitative and quantitative data to inform school improvement initiatives
- Completion of Sydney Catholic Schools Gifted Education Online and/or Gifted Education Naturally Embedded courses
- Active participation in a Newman Gifted Program Accreditation process
- Understanding of Primary school structures and Stage 3 curriculum
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World