The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites applications for the following position:
EDUCATION OFFICER: DIVERSE LEARNING – GIFTED EDUCATION K-6
Office located in Leichhardt
Competitive salary, including NFP salary packaging and super\
Commencement date: 24 January 2018
Closing Date: 24 November 2017
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
Due to a restructure of roles, we have an exciting opportunity for an Education Officer to join our Diverse Learning team. Reporting to the Head of Diverse Learning, the role of Education Officer: Gifted Education K-6 is designed to work in partnership with the Teaching and Learning Directorate, Central and Regional Diverse Learning Teams, Regional Directors and Regional Consultants, Principals and school staff to assist and support the development and implementation of Archdiocesan initiatives in Gifted Education, in particular the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program.
The Education Officer role in the Teaching and Learning Directorate is one of leadership within Sydney Catholic Schools. The Education Officer plays a key part in the continuous improvement of our Catholic school system through developing capacity of teachers and Principals to enhance the learning of students in schools, and through contributing to the development and implementation of whole of system priorities.
Some of the role responsibilities will include:
- Offering collaborative leadership to the implementation of the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program within Sydney Catholic Primary schools
- Creating a shared commitment to the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program in Primary schools with a variety of stakeholders, including Primary Principals, Primary Newman Facilitators, Newman Teams and other staff
- Planning and implementation of high caliber professional learning opportunities for new and existing Newman Primary schools and where appropriate, contributing to professional learning for Newman Secondary schools
- Contributing to the development of the Newman Selective Gifted Education Expansion Initiative as appropriate, including briefings for Principals and staff of Newman and non-Newman Primary schools
- Organising and assisting in the facilitation of Newman accreditation processes within Newman Primary schools in collaboration with the Education Officer: Strategic Initiatives (Gifted Education)
- Professional qualifications as a teacher accredited by the NSW Education Standards Authority
- Postgraduate qualifications in Gifted Education at Masters, Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate level
- At least 5 years of highly effective experience as a teacher and curriculum leader in a Primary school
- Experience as a Newman Selective Gifted Education Program facilitator, or a teacher who has played an active role in contributing to the implementation of the Newman
Selective Gifted Education Program in a Primary school
- Successful experience in facilitating professional learning for teachers and in planning and implementing change processes in schools
- Capacity to utilise qualitative and quantitative data to inform school improvement
- Completion of SCS Gifted Education Online and/or participation in the Gifted Education Naturally Embedded course
- Knowledge of and active participation in a Newman Accreditation process
- Some understanding of Secondary school structures and Stage 4 curriculum
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the criteria to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World