Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
Acting Religious Education Coordinator
St Charles’ Catholic Primary Waverley
K-6 Co-educational: 350 Students
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: 24 October 2017
St Charles’ School has been educating generations of students since 1855. Since that time, two significant building projects have been completed – the most recent concluding in September 2008. Within these 21st Century facilities, you will find religious icons and other archival material that tie us very closely to our Franciscan Heritage. We are proud that our association with the Franciscan Friars continues to this day.
As a member of the school leadership team, the Religious Education Coordinator shares responsibility for the development of the Catholic life of the school, leadership of its vision, mission and strategic priorities and contribution to the management of the school. The Religious Education Coordinator has delegated responsibility for the coordination and supervision of teaching and learning in Religious Education with a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Creating a faith community that brings the Gospel and teachings of the Catholic Church to all the students, families and staff
- Creating a contemporary, student-centred learning culture
- Initiating and leading change and improvement to enhance learning for all students, especially in Religious Education
- Strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context
- Developing collaborative partnerships to support student and staff faith journey, learning and well-being, especially in the context of evangelization.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Category E Accreditation in accordance with To Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney Accreditation OR ability to demonstrate the standard descriptors at Lead Teacher Level in accordance with the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
- Tertiary qualifications (Essential): For a substantive appointment (Level 1 REC) Graduate Diploma or Masters in Religious Education/Theology (or equivalent as approved by the Director of Religious Education and Evangelisation. A non-substantive appointment (Level 2 REC) a Bachelor Degree with a specialist sequence in Religious Education / Theology and / or a Graduate Certificate in Religious Education / Theology and a willingness to complete the study to attain Level 1 REC status.
- Post graduate units of study in Leadership (advantageous)
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child related work and therefore SCS requires you to hold a working with children clearance to be completed upon acceptance of this position.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World