Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ACTING ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL (12 Month Contract)| K-6 | 142 STUDENTS
McAuley Catholic Primary School, Rose Bay
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: 24 October 2017
McAuley Catholic Primary School is located in Rose Bay, a harbour side eastern suburb of Sydney. The school draws from the local parish community and the immediate local area. The school is closely linked to the parish of St Mary Magdalene, Rose Bay and brings to life the values of our founding order, the Mercy Sisters.
At McAuley we offer a curriculum that provides stimulating teaching and learning programs which aim to cater for the needs of every student and equip them to face the challenges of tomorrow within the context of a Catholic environment. Our curriculum is child-centred, emphasising skills in Literacy and Numeracy. We provide opportunities for inquiry learning, problem solving, group interaction and decision-making.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creates a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, caregivers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
Applicants are required to fill out the Assistant Principal Application Package along with related documents and return it via email to email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child related work and therefore SCS requires you to hold a working with children clearance to be completed upon acceptance of this position.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World