The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Student Information System (SIS) Specialist – ONCE PROJECT (2 positions available)
Location: Sydney Catholic School Central Office, Leichhardt
Commencement: January 2018
Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
We are currently seeking two SIS Specialists responsible for working closely with staff to develop, train and support them across our schools to successfully implement the Compass Student Information System (SIS) as part of the ONCE Project. The role will begin working with Primary schools and expand to include Secondary Schools and SCS Offices according to the ONCE project plan.
- Tertiary qualifications in Education, Technology or a related discipline.
- Experience in a leadership and/or coordinator role within a school
- Experience in designing, developing and leading teacher professional development activities.
- Previous involvement in change programs, with an ability to support rapid change and hold a steady course in an ever changing environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with stakeholders across organisational boundaries.
- Ability to operate in a flexible, agile and innovative work environment.
- NESA accreditation at the Highly Accomplished level or higher.
- Postgraduate qualifications (Master’s Degree or higher) in education or related disciplines.
- A strong understanding of SCS Sydney’s Authentic Learning and Authentic Assessment agendas.
- Experience working in project teams.
- Experience working with SAS.
- Strong ICT and eLearning skills.
- Experience working with contemporary, electronic student reporting systems (e.g. Sentral, Reporter Pro).
- Experience with the implementation of a new Student Information System in a Primary or Secondary school (e.g. Sentral, Student Tracker, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with Learning Management Systems, electronic Parent Portals or other school administration solutions.
- Success delivering ICT, change management and/or knowledge management projects.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop in-depth knowledge and expertise in the Compass Student Information System.
- Develop knowledge and expertise in existing and legacy information systems currently used in Schools (e.g. SAS, Sentral, SEQTA, Student Tracker, etc.).
- Assist with diocese and school standards & configurations for the Compass Student Information System and related systems within the ONCE Project (includes CI-Anywhere FMS, CED3, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Develop professional development and training approaches as well as training guides and other support materials.
- Assist the SCS ONCE project team to develop implementation and resourcing schedules.
- Analysis and documentation of processes and procedures relevant to the implementation of Compass in SCS schools.
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
NOTE – This role is a 2 year full-time contract position from January 2018 through to December 2019, with the possibility of extension.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World