Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 413 students
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School, Kogarah
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: 20 October 2017
St Patrick’s Catholic Primary School Kogarah, located in the St George district, is a community rich in tradition and cultural diversity. The school values and nurtures the quality relationships that develop between students, families, staff and parish built on mutual respect and trust.
The school motto “Prayer and Work” guides the community as it strives to “celebrate our Catholic Faith, Inspire lifelong learning, nurture quality relationships and work in partnership”. Prayer, liturgy and the sacraments provide a touchstone that permeates the school culture and grounds the dual moral purpose of the school. Both St Mary of the Cross MacKillop and St Patrick provide examples as to how to know and love Jesus.
The Principal is responsible for giving witness to the Catholic faith and for leading the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students. Fostering a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the mission of Sydney Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Making explicit the mission of the Catholic school and being able to lead for mission through witness and example
- Leading school wide pedagogy which including curriculum, assessment, reporting and wellbeing
- Leading critical reflection to challenge assumptions about teaching and learning and be able to provide feedback to staff
- Coaching and mentoring to lead improved teacher performance in a standards driven environment
- Leading change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated effectiveness in at least two or more significant leadership positions within education
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Australian Teaching Standards – achieved or exceeded the Lead Teacher level
As an Educational leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within your School.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World