The Executive Director of Catholic Schools is seeking applications from experienced educators who are excited at the possibility of working beyond the boundaries of any one school. The successful applicant will be passionate about the Mission of Catholic Education and have the opportunity to make a positive impact through the empowerment of school leaders and staff to support the continuous improvement of schools which they serve. It also requires the qualities and attributes of experience, wisdom, discretion and judgement to address a range of complex issues that impact on schools today.
LEADER OF LEARNING: RELIGIOUS EDUCATION (PRIMARY)
Location: Inner Western Region Lidcombe
Commencing: 28 January 2018
Closing date: 27 October 2017
As a senior leader in a Catholic school system, the Leader of Learning is co-responsible with the Principal, Leadership Team and the Regional Consultant to support the evangelising mission of the Church and to promote the distinctive identity of Catholic schools.
The role plays a key part in the continuous improvement of our Catholic school system through developing the capacity of leadership teams and teachers to nurture vibrant faith communities and to deliver quality teaching and learning in Religious Education. The role requires a leader who is adaptable and skilled in a variety of ways to support schools in responding to the Archbishop’s Charter for Catholic Schools (SCS 2014).
The Leader of Learning: Religious Education (Primary) works closely with the Religious Education and Evangelisation Directorate, Regional Consultants, Principals, Leadership teams and other Leaders of Learning to support school improvement in Religious Education, and ensure system and regional priorities are strategically addressed.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
Active engagement and contribution to the life and mission of the Catholic Church
- Evidence of working with staff in accordance with adult learning principles
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a teacher with leadership experience at coordinator level or beyond
- Demonstrated ability to model effective teaching practice in RE
- Evidence of deep knowledge of the RE curriculum
- Evidence of working effectively to achieve sustained improvement and innovation within Catholic Life and Religious Education of the school and region
- Demonstrated capacity to support appropriate school improvement processes based on data analysis
- Capacity to work as a member of a team, in strategic collaboration with Principals, leadership teams, teachers, other Leaders of Learning and Regional Consultants
- Accreditation in accordance with Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Formal tertiary teaching and RE qualifications which include postgraduate studies in Religious Education/Theology.
- Evidence against the Australian Professional Standards of performance at the Lead Teacher level
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the Sydney Catholic Schools Application Form and email together with a cover letter addressing the criteria firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World