Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL Year 7-12 Boys 780 students
Marist College Eastwood
Commencement date: 29 January 2018
Closing date: 4 October 2017
Marist College Eastwood is a Sydney Catholic School in the Marist tradition, educating young men from Year 7 to 12. The College has consistently achieved significant student achievement in NAPLAN and the Higher School Certificate and caters for a wide range of co-curricular experiences.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- Strong commitment to the practice and life of the Catholic faith.
- Understanding of the Mission of the Church, and the Catholic School.
- Capable of being a self-motivated learner who seeks feedback and reflects on their effectiveness in contributing to the school’s learning culture.
- Committed to a distributive leadership approach to school improvement.
- Capable of effective teaching and learning and has highly developed capabilities in the area of contemporary pedagogy.
- Able to use data effectively to build staff capacity to bring about change.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Highly developed organisational skills.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership.
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World