Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
PRINCIPAL K-6 Students 275
School: St Vincent’s Catholic Primary Ashfield
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: 6 October 2017
St Vincent’s is a systemic Catholic primary school, located in Ashfield in the Inner Western Region of the Archdiocese of Sydney. It was established in the 1870 and for nearly one hundred years was administered by the Sisters of Charity.
St Vincent’s is a multicultural school which embraces diversity and inclusion. The motto ‘Learning Together’, encourages/promotes a spirit of mutual co-operation, respect and the unity of a vast range of cultural groups, thriving by learning together. St Vincent’s is a two-stream school catering for boys and girls
St Vincent’s, Bethlehem College and De La Salle College work as a precinct in partnership with the Parish Priest engaging in a range of collaborative and shared liturgical, educational and co-curricula opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of:
- Strong commitment to the practice and life of the Catholic Church.
- Understanding the mission of the Church and the Catholic School.
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E).
- Ability to develop the leadership capacity of others within an innovative and collaborative professional learning community.
- Be a highly effective strategic leader who is creative with the ability to lead teacher performance growth in a standards environment.
- Ability to lead change through effective communication, consultation and collaboration with all
- Ability to develop and nurture positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and lead a highly diverse and multicultural community.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World