Senior School Support Officer – Level 6 Senior Administrator
St Aidan’s Primary School, Maroubra Junction
64 hours per fortnight (4 days per week) Time off during school holidays
Application close: October 6, 2017
Commencement date: 29 January 2018
An exciting opportunity exists to join St Aidan’s Catholic Primary School, where our Catholic beliefs and values are an important part of our culture. We are seeking an experienced, innovative and passionate Administrative Support Officer to work in the busy school office full time St Aidan’s Catholic Primary School, Maroubra is a co-educational school whose mission is to engage, empower and evolve.
St Aidan’s Catholic Primary School, Maroubra is a dynamic and welcoming Catholic community with strong partnerships between school, home and parish. Reporting to the Principal in the role of Administrative Support Officer and working collaboratively with the School Leadership Team, staff and parents, this role will support the delivery of quality learning and teaching. You will be a strong team player supporting our values and mission, and contributing to the effective business administration of our school.
The role will require
- The ability to work autonomously with minimal direction to set deadlines and timeframes
- Focus on administration of school budget and finances in collaboration with the Principal
- Interacting positively with a helpful and cooperative approach to parents, students and staff
- Engagement with all school processes including WHS, recruitment, maintenance of facilities and administrative support
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Providing high level administrative management of the office to the Leadership team and teaching staff
- Working closely with the Principal on finance administration including maintenance of school budgets and finances
- Providing financial management support in accordance with both Sydney Catholic Schools and Receipting, Banking and Accounting policies and procedures
- Maintaining financial records and compiling financial accounts
- Maintaining the integrity of Chart of Accounts
- Preparing bank reconciliations
- Managing internal/external audits
- Providing regular budget/school fee reports as required
- Ensuring accurate fee structures in place/managing all school fees related tasks
- Liaising with suppliers/creditors as required & manage payments
- Assisting the Principal & staff as required
- Managing communications and events for the school community
- Ensuring effective school administration processes are maintained in the areas of Work Health and Safety, Recruitment, IT Support and School Facilities
Essential skills and experience include
- Experience of at least one year in a similar role
- Strong demonstrated experience with high level administration and accounting systems
- Confident and advanced use of computer programs including MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal direction to set deadlines and timeframes
- A flexible and service orientated approach
The successful applicant will thrive on working in a fast paced setting and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position is classified as child related employment. The successful applicant is required to obtain Working with Children Check Clearance prior to commencement.
We are excited about welcoming the right candidate into our team, so if you are ticking all the boxes above we would love to hear from you.
Email a cover letter to the principal, addressing your suitability to the role and your CV (including 2 referees) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite you to visit www.stamaroubra.catholic.edu.au to find out more about the school.