The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following position:
Location: Inner Western Regional Office, Lidcombe
Commencement Date: January 2018 (Or earlier by negotiation)
Closing Date: 29 September 2017
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is seeking applications from experienced educators who are excited at the possibility of working beyond the boundaries of any one school. The successful applicant will be passionate about the Mission of Catholic Education and the chance to positively impact students and staff through the empowerment of school leaders, partnership with Principals, and supporting the continuous improvement in the schools, which they serve. It also requires the qualities and attributes of experience, wisdom, discretion and judgement to address a range of complex issues impacting on schools today.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Regional Consultant is part of the senior leadership team in the Catholic School system in the Archdiocese of Sydney and is responsible for acting as a change agent in leading the development and embedding of an organisational culture that is focused on continuous improvement of student outcomes within a Catholic School Community where Christ is the foundation. The Regional Consultant works primarily with school leaders to provide monitoring, challenge, support and intervention with respect to leadership behaviours, practices and structures to ensure the establishment of an empowerment culture for capacity and capability building.
- Post Graduate Qualification in at least one of the following: Leadership, Religious Education, Theology, Scripture, and Curriculum
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Evidence of leadership reflective of the Australian Professional Standard for Principals
- Evidence of capacity building for sustainable school improvement that is adaptive and innovative
- Demonstrated effectiveness in significant leadership positions within education, within a secondary context
- Prior experience of working in a Catholic School context with a proven track record on the improvement of student outcomes
- Demonstrated system leadership
Applicants must formalise their application by submitting a completed SCS Application Form, resume and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit the employment page of our website for further information www.sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au
Intending applicants are required to nominate four referees including the Parish Priest of the
Parish where they regularly worship and their present employer from whom confidential reports will be obtained.
An attractive package includes superannuation and a fully-maintained motor vehicle.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning