Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents in their responsibility of Faith formation for their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following Leadership position, from suitably qualified and committed Catholic educators for the following position. Applicants should have a strong desire and a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education to maximise learning outcomes for all students:
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL K-6 535 students
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Enfield
Commencement date: 29 January 2018
Closing date: 22 September 2017
St Joseph’s is a multicultural and welcoming community offering vibrant and engaging learning opportunities for students. The school delivers a curriculum that is differentiated and holistic and that enables children to thrive and develop a love of learning. Programs respond to student needs through intervention support and enrichment and is an accredited Newman school.
St Joseph’s values partnerships with the parish/parent community and this engagement is central to student learning.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith in action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective contemporary Catholic educator and practitioner who has demonstrated the ability to:
- Provide strong leadership to the Catholic life of the school and active witness to the evangelising mission of the Church.
- Demonstrate high levels of relational skills in partnership with parish and the wider community.
- Be a leader who is innovative and creative, able to embrace new ideas and challenges
- Nurture a culture of collaborative and continuous improvement.
- Mentor/coach staff and provide critical feedback to increase and improve performance in a standards driven environment.
- Have an appreciation for culturally diverse school communities and the impact on teaching and learning.
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership.
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World