Sydney Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
PRINCIPAL | 7-12 | 987
Bethany College Hurstville
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: Friday 28 July 2017
Bethany College, Hurstville is a Sydney Catholic School, founded in 1993 as a result of the amalgamation of two girls’ schools, St Mary’s Star of the Sea, Hurstville and St Joseph’s Girls’ High School, Kogarah.
The motto of the College is ‘Act justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with your God.’ The College educates young women from Years 7-12, nurturing and empowering them in intellect, faith and character.
The Principal is responsible for modelling the catholic faith in action and for leading the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students. Fostering a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the mission of Sydney Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Making explicit the mission of the Catholic school and being able to lead for mission through witness and example
- Leading school wide pedagogy which includes curriculum, assessment, reporting and wellbeing
- Leading critical reflection to challenge assumptions about teaching and learning and be able to provide feedback to staff
- Coaching and mentoring to lead improved teacher performance in a standards driven environment
- Leading change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated effectiveness in at least two or more significant leadership positions within education
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Australian Teaching Standards – achieved or exceeded the Lead Teacher level
As an Educational leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your vision will be to build and foster a culture of continuous improvement and sustainability in all areas within the College.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World