Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children.
To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and committed Catholic men and women for the following leadership position.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL Years 7-10 | 469 students
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: 1 August 2017
Our Lady of Mercy College, Burraneer is a Catholic systemic secondary College, which offers outstanding opportunities for students aimed at making our College vision of Nurturing girls – Creating women a reality. With the College enrolling girls from Years 7 to 10, Our Lady of Mercy College, Burraneer focuses on providing a quality junior curriculum that is tailored to the learning style and needs of girls.
Applicants for this important leadership role will have a strong desire and a well-developed capacity to take forward the evangelising mission of Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney. They will have a passion for learning that allows them to maximise learning outcomes for all students.
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly effective Catholic leader who:
- is a committed Catholic who understands and can articulate the evangelising mission of the Catholic school
- is a highly effective contemporary educator and practitioner
- is an effective mentor in leading sustained change and innovation within an area of responsibility
- is able to use data effectively to build staff capacity to bring about change
- is able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- has highly developed organisational skills.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World