Catholic schools are established by the Church to support parents with their responsibility for the faith formation of their children. To this end, the Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the following leadership position:
PRINCIPAL | K-6 | 194 Students
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School, Erskineville
Commencement Date: 29 January 2018
Closing Date: 21 July 2017
St Mary’s Catholic Primary School is an innovative Inner Sydney Catholic school – an oasis in the city. It is a one stream school with a population of 194 students. The school has a positive reputation within the local community and actively strives to provide a welcoming and nurturing environment for all students, parents and staff.
The Principal is responsible in modelling the catholic faith in action and to lead across the school community to develop and execute a shared vision focussed on providing quality educational experiences and learning outcomes for all students. Fostering a unique professional relationship of support and loyalty to the mission of Sydney Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Critical reflection for feedback on teaching and learning practices and addressing how to overcome challenges
- Leading school wide pedagogy which including curriculum, assessment, reporting and wellbeing
- Coaching and mentoring staff to increase and improve performance in standards driven environment
- Leading change through consultation and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Demonstrated effectiveness in at least two or more significant leadership positions within education
- Ability to think big-picture in the context of broader community and educational trends
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post Graduate Qualification
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney
- Australian Teaching Standards – achieved or exceeded the Lead Teacher level
As an Education leader you will champion and support ongoing personal and professional development within yourself and your team. Strategically your long range vision is to build sustainability and foster a culture of continuous improvement in all areas within your School.
Potential applicants should register their interest by completing the Principal Application Package and related documents for Principals and return via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.