Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | K-6| 209 Students
ST JOSEPH’S PRIMARY SCHOOL ROCKDALE
Commencement Date: January 2018
Closing Date: Friday 21 July 2017
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a friendly and welcoming community which is firmly embedded within the parish of St Mary of the Cross MacKillop, Rockdale City. Children are encouraged to respect others and strive to achieve their best in all areas of the curriculum. Our classrooms are happy, engaging and interactive learning spaces. The diverse needs of our students are met through an engaging curriculum that contextualises learning, identifies, and caters for the individual needs of all students.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to-day mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and its community
- Creating a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.