Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL | 7-12| 850 Students
OUR LADY OF THE SACRED HEART CATHOLIC COLLEGE KENSINGTON
Commencement Date: January 2018
Closing Date: Friday 21 July 2017
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College Kensington is an systemic Catholic school for girls from Year 7 through to Year 12. As an educational community, we foster a culture of learning where students develop confident, creative and critical thinking skills in order to be caring, responsible members of the global society.
At Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College Kensington, we are proud to build on our hundred and
three year heritage. Our founder, Fr Jules Chevalier, formed the Daughters of Our Lady of the
Sacred Heart was formed in Issoudun, France in 1874. We believe it is our privilege to continue
the work of founder Fr Jules Chevalier, who believed that education of girls was the means to
convey the message of Jesus’ love to young people and inspire them to make a significant contribution to society.
The Assistant Principal plays an integral part of the school leadership team and supports the
Principal in modelling faith action and in delivering strategic school goals through day-to- day
mentoring/management of school staff, communications, processes, systems, safety and security
and well-being of students.
To be considered for this role, you must demonstrate proven experience in:
- Developing and maintaining effective strategies for high quality induction, professional
learning and performance review and monitoring
- Creating a Catholic learning culture of shared responsibility focused on quality teaching and
quality learning for all students
- Strategic thinking in managing and leading change and improvement within the school and
- Creates a culture of inclusion and hospitality by initiating relevant opportunities to engage
with parents, care-givers and Church to build and maintain effective partnerships
You will also possess the following qualifications:
- Post graduate study in Leadership
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work,
- Teach and Lead in systemic Catholic schools Archdiocese of Sydney
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children
clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.