The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following Executive position
Location: Leichhardt Central Office
Commencement Date: January 2018
Closing Date: 21 July 2017
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is seeking an experienced and committed Catholic educator who believes passionately in our vision and purpose. At a time of changing funding arrangements and increasing growth, we have a unique leadership opportunity for a Director: Teaching and Learning with proven ability and capacity to advance the Evangelising mission of Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney and to ensure high quality education which maximizes learning outcomes for our students.
Reporting to Dr Dan White – Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools, the Director: Teaching and Learning is part of the senior leadership team and is responsible for leading the learning and teaching agenda (K-12) of the Archdiocesan System of Catholic Schools. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional change manager with superior interpersonal and team building skills who is a capable futurist, pragmatist and politically savvy. A demonstrated skill set to anticipate and influence educational agendas, as well as harness the skills and passions of a team to deliver educational strategies within our schools is essential in making a difference to the lives of over 70,000 students across our 152 primary and secondary schools.
- Strong commitment to practice and life of the Catholic faith.
- Master’s Degree in Theology, Leadership, Education or Curriculum or Doctorate in Education.
- Accreditation for Senior Leadership in a Catholic School (Category E), Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead in Systemic Catholic Schools Archdiocese of Sydney.
- A demonstrated commitment to the Vision and Mission of Catholic Education.
- Proven experience of working in a senior leadership role as Principal, Consultant or Director in a Catholic school or system of schools, is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to drive improvement and innovation in schools in line with contemporary educational research.
- Demonstrated experience in leading strategic initiatives in learning and teaching (K-12) to enhance student experience and learning outcomes.
Interested applicants should contact Carmen De Oliveira (Recruitment Team Leader) at the SCS Central Office on (02) 9568 8258 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for a private and confidential conversation and to obtain a copy of the information pack.
Note: Applications will need to include a reference from their Parish Priest in order to be considered for shortlisting.
Celebrating Being Catholic in Australia
Ensuring Quality Teaching and Learning
Making a Difference in our World