The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced personnel for the following position:
Commencement Date: Immediate Commencement
Closing Date: 30 June 2017
Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) is responsible for the leadership of 152 Catholic primary and secondary schools across the Archdiocese of Sydney, which educates over 70,000 students.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, innovative and analytical Public Affairs and Media Manager to join our highly talented Marketing and Communications team in this newly created role.
Reporting to the HR Director and Assistant HR Director this position is responsible for external facing public relations and media for Sydney Catholic Schools. This includes strategy, planning, digital & social media, market research, PR and internal / external communication. The role also works closely with the Executive Director and other senior leaders in developing and implementing appropriate public relations, communication and media strategies in line with the organisations strategic direction.
- Tertiary qualifications in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing and/or related areas. Post Graduate qualifications in Marketing or Communications would be desirable.
- Extensive and proven experience in a similar position
- An exceptional communicator – excellent writing skills and content creator, presentation skills and a relationship builder able to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of existing and emerging communication technologies and an appreciation of the role that social media plays in delivering effective marketing and communications strategies.
- Proven ability to leverage analytics to inform and influence decision-making, developing insights and applying innovative solutions.
- A demonstrable commitment to the Catholic Church and its teachings and the mission and vision of SCS
- Ability to effectively manage change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving organisation
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of communications and public relations activities
- Demonstrated capacity to cultivate and maintain relationships with media and influential professionals
- Experience and/or demonstrated capacity to engage in constructive discussions with external agencies, politicians and personnel to advocate on behalf of an organisation in relation to various significant agenda/s
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, developing presentations, negotiating with media and acting as an official spokesperson for the organisation
- Solid experience coordinating successful PR activities and campaigns
- Expertise in different social networks, including Facebook and Twitter
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials, hard-copy publications and electronic publications
The successful candidate will have also have a solid understanding of industry trends with the ability to make appropriate recommendations whilst operating in a highly strategic way that will see ‘over the horizon’ at emerging challenges.
To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.