Location: De La Salle Catholic College, Cronulla
Commencement Date: Immediate Commencement
Closing Date: 27 June 2017
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Principal Assistant/School Secretary with initiative to provide a high level of professional and personal support.
- Permanent Full-time position working 76 hours per fortnight
- School terms only
De La Salle Catholic College, Cronulla is co-educational campus catering to 470 students focusing on HSC success in vocational and academic pathways in the tradition of St John Baptist De La Salle.
The role requires a sophisticated level of interpersonal, organisational and communication skills and will appeal to a flexible and adaptable person who has the ability to take initiative and be sensitive to the needs of the College community, when providing support.
The successful applicant is responsible for a range of administrative and secretarial functions including telephone, reception, and liaison with Staff, Parents, students and the community.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Work autonomously with minimal direction within set deadlines and timeframes
- Interact positively with a helpful and cooperative approach to parents, students and staff
- Engage with all school processes including recruitment, enrolments, school banking and administrative support
- Provide high level administrative and technology skills to the Principal and College Executive
- Manage communications and calendar events for the Principal
- Provide a welcoming and positive attitude in all dealings and tasks
To be considered for the role, the successful candidate must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and expertise:
- Post-secondary administrative or other relevant qualification equivalent to Certificate IV or Diploma in Administration, Human Resources or Business Services.
- Experience in all aspects of the recruitment process- advertisement, collating applications for the Principal, arranging interviews and staff contracts as well as the contract renewal process for existing staff
- Oversee the enrolment process for incoming students
- Proven success as an Executive Assistant including working in a team environment
- Advanced Level of computer literacy including Advanced Word, Excel, Google platform and publisher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of PHRIS and SAS an advantage
- Demonstrated personal initiative and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities and responsibilities with high attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to respond to sensitive issues with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
We are excited about welcoming the right candidate into our community. If you wish to apply, please email a cover letter addressing your suitability
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a working with children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.