The Executive Director of Catholic Schools invites internal and external applications for the following position:
Location: Sydney Catholic Schools Central Regional Office, Leichhardt
Commencement Date: Immediate Commencement
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
We are currently seeking an experienced Communications Officer to join our busy and high performing Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to the Team Leader of Communications you will be responsible for driving positive awareness of the Sydney Catholic Schools brand through researching and writing stories. You will also initiate and coordinate publicity to enhance the positive positioning of our 152 schools with the primary focus being around growing enrolments.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Tertiary qualifications in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations.
- 3-5 years experience in journalism, public relations or media.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to write news and media release copy for different purposes and audiences.
- An understanding of how to effectively operate in the contemporary media landscape
- Capacity to respond quickly and effectively to changing circumstances that require Communication responses.
- Ability to meet tight and inflexible deadlines.
- Ability to liaise directly with key stakeholders and schools to secure good news stories.
- Liaise with media to pitch story ideas whilst maintaining and developing relationships.
- A valid driver’s licence, own vehicle and flexibility to travel to schools.
DESIRED SELECTION CRITERIA
- Previous experience or understanding of working in an Educational environment.
- Knowledge of the Catholic School system and faith
- Knowledge and understanding of various online media platforms and content management skills.
- An understanding of the importance of reputation management and public relations.
This role is suited to self-starters with creativity, lots of initiative and ideally has previously worked in print journalism, or who has written large volumes of copy for print publications. This opportunity will allow you to develop your career alongside a small and passionate team of communication professionals in a dynamic and changing educational landscape.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as a child related work and therefore we require a Working With Children clearance to be completed prior to your commencement with us.