Applications close: 5:00 pm (WST), Tuesday 18 April 2017
Shortlisted for interviews: Monday, 1 May 2017
The Institute of Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea through the Board of Mercy Education Limited invites applications from appropriately qualified and experienced educators for the position of Principal, commencing on 1 January 2018.
Established in 1937, Santa Maria College, Attadale, is a Catholic College with an enrolment of 1257 girls from Years 5 to 12. The College, which also hosts approximately 150 girls from Years 7 – 12 in its Boarding facilities, is one of twelve schools owned by the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of Australia and Papua New Guinea and governed by Mercy Education.
The successful applicant for the position of Principal will:
- be a practising Catholic who demonstrates a firm commitment to Catholic Education
- be committed to continuous improvement which will drive strategic planning
- be able to inspire the provision of an innovative and excellent education for girls
- demonstrate strong leadership in contemporary learning and teaching
- be cognisant of the issues facing adolescents and well versed in student wellbeing
- have experience in staff development and management
- have demonstrated ability in organisational leadership
- possess highly developed interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all members of the College community, local Church, other schools and educational authorities.
In addition, it is expected that the successful applicant will be familiar with and supportive of the educational philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy.
If posting an application, please mark it ‘Private and Confidential’ and address it to:
Mr Christopher Houlihan, Chief Executive Mercy Education Ltd, C/- 60 John Street, Northbridge, WA 6003. Alternatively, electronic applications can be emailed to Mr Christopher Houlihan at email@example.com
Detailed information and required application procedures for the position are available at www.mercy.edu.au/employment